Thank You

>> Thursday, December 31, 2009

The kiddos and I are home today.  The 2 yr old, PK has an ear infection and has had a fever off and on, so I opted to stay home with them today.  I'm sure I will be crazy by the end of the day, but the morning has been wonderful.  It was nice to stay in my pjs and lounge on the couch, sipping coffee and browsing blogs.

I get so inspired browsing blogs.  There are some beautiful people in this world.  I love the writing, the photographs, the seemingly peaceful and productive lives of so many women.  Creators, writers, photographers, homeschooling moms, women of strong faith, quilters, seamstresses, artists, crafters; these women probably lead chaotic lives, but you would never know if from their peaceful blogs.

I love that we, as women, allow others a peek into our lives.  I love that we share our daily concerns, our projects, our children, our homes.  I love that I always have somewhere to go for inspiration.  When I am feeling down, I know that I can steal a moment away from my hectic life, grab a cozy blanket and a cup of coffee, and you will be there, with pictures of children playing in the snow, a finished quilt, a rearranged room, a snapshot of family gathering together; and for a moment, I am there, in the warmth of your world.

Thank you for restoring my soul.  Thank you for loaning me inspiration and creativity.  Thank you for reassuring me that everything's going to be alright.

I have been blogging for a little over a year now.  Some of you may remember me from A New Path.  I closed down A New Path and tried desperately to find "my place" in the world of blogging and in life.  I spent the summer with my children at the beach and tried out the life of a socialite, only to discover that it just wasn't me.  I am not fancy.  I am not always a lady.  I prefer comfy clothes and having a few friends over for dinner to fancy clothes and a big party. 

As I reflect on 2009, I would like to share with you some things that I have learned about myself:

In January, I learned that I can be a good friend if I give it a little effort.

In February, I learned that simple is best.

In March, I learned that church is an important part of our lives.

In April, I learned that handmade is so much better.

In May, I learned that being a mom is a very difficult, but rewarding job.

In June, I learned that it is important to have one-on-one time with each of my children.

In July, I learned that it's so much more fun to play on the beach than just to lay on the beach.

In August, I learned that a summer spent next to the ocean will spoil you tremendously.

In September, I learned to love the library again.

In October, I learned that it's the child that makes the costume cute, not the costume that makes the child cute (CC insisted on being Hannah Montana and I was horrified.....)

In November, I learned that family is the most important thing and sometimes we have to put other's needs in front of our own desires.

In December, I learned that perfect isn't always better and a faux tree is SO much easier than real. 

I wish you and your family a very happy, full, and blessed new year.

xoxo, Mrs. Pickle (Cary)





1 comments:

Hip Mountain Mama December 31, 2009 at 2:12 PM  

Such a wonderful list of what you have learned in 2009! Reflection is so awesome!
Happy New Year,
Suzy

Post a Comment

I want minimum information given with maximum politeness. -Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy Onassis

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP