It's Just Me

>> Thursday, December 24, 2009

I suppose I should begin by telling you a little about myself.  I am first and foremost a Christian, but I am not perfect.  I have my own personal battles that I encounter every single day, just like everyone else.  Like smoking.  I love to smoke and I have to fight the urge every single day.  Even when you have gone a year or more without smoking you still occasionally encounter that strong desire to smoke.  Sometimes I give in and other times I keep on moving and shove the thought deep into the pits of my mind, where they will surely resurface soon enough.

I am a wife.  Marriage is a funny thing.  I wouldn't trade it for the single life for all the wealth of the world, but sometimes it is extremely difficult being one of two.  There is always someone else to consider when making decisions, even small decisions such as what to eat for dinner.  And then there are the money decisions.  I am a spender.  I will be the first to admit that money burns a hole in pocket!  My husband is a saver.  Therein lies a teensy weensy problem:  finances.  I have just today (for the ten-thousandth time, i'm sure) admitted that I have a spending problem.  So now it's time for therapy.  Unfortunately, the only type of therapy that I am familiar with is retail therapy, so I'm not really sure how rehab will go.  I will keep you posted.

I am a mommy.  My husband and I have two wonderful children.  Our firstborn, I will call her CC, is a very sweet and even-tempered four year old.  She has a (very tender) heart of gold.  She is patient and kind.  She doesn't like mornings and enjoys sleeping in.  She is a night owl and loves to cuddle with her mommy. 

Our second child, PK, is a strong willed (to say the very least) two year old.  He has been a test since the day he was conceived.  He keeps us on our toes.  He is constantly breaking things and tearing up things.  However, having said all that, he is very sweet (when he wants to be) and very cute (I know I am partial because I am his mother, but he really is a gorgeous child).  You will certainly hear more about him later.

I am a preschool teacher.  I have 17 children total:  13 on a daily basis and 4 after-schoolers.  I adore my job.  I stayed at home for 5 years and returned to work a couple of months ago.  I took the job temporarily when asked by the preschool director if I would be willing to fill in until she found a lead teacher.  The first couple of weeks were tough.  I had a hard time adjusting to my new schedule and a room filled with little personalities that I was unfamiliar with.  The third week I began to open up to each child and absorb their differences and disciplinary needs.  That is when I began to love my job.  By the fourth week I was certain that I had finally found my niche. 

I am a member of a large family.  My parents are still married and I have two younger siblings.  I am very close to my entire family and I am very excited to host Christmas Eve dinner at my home tomorrow night.  Christmas Eve is a very special time for our family and to hold the festivities in my home means the world to me.

It is very nice to meet you and I look forward to your visits in the future!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I want minimum information given with maximum politeness. -Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy Onassis

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP