The [Wo]man with the Plan

>> Friday, February 5, 2010

I started the design process by creating a document in Microsoft Publisher.  I know there are a million more advanced and up to date programs other than my beloved Publisher, but it is the one program that I understand and know how to use!

I copied and pasted photos of items that I liked onto a page in Publisher.  I put living room objects on one page, kitchen objects on another, etc.  I then seperated each page with a list of the items, where I found them, what they were called and their price.  That made it easier when I was ready to go back and order.

I made a (sort-of) storyboard for each room, then printed it out.  This was the result:

Slipcover:  surefit.com
Fabric Swatches: fabric.com
Rug: companyc.com
Cabinet Hardware & Lamp: anthropologie.com
Rattan Rocker: ikea.com
Corner TV Cabinet: officefurniture.com


Rug: dashandalbert.com
Wine Rack: cb2.com
Large Shell: crateandbarrel.com
Fresh Fish Sign: allposters.com


Art:  ballard.com
Rug:  companyc.com


Reversible Comforters: jcpenney.com
Fabric Swatches:  fabric.com
Art:  art.com
Nightstand/Bookcase:  target.com




Wall Hooks, Rug, Towels: anthropologie.com
Glass Shelf: potterybarn.com


Shower Curtain, Wall Hooks, Rug:  anthropologie.com
Glass Shelf:  potterybarn.com


Quilt, Pillows, Rug:  potterybarn.com
Lamps:  ballard.com
Hardware:  anthropologie.com


Quilt, Trunk:  potterybarn.com
Lamp:  lightingdirect.com
Rug:  dashandalbert.com


Quilt, Lamp:  potterybarn.com
Pillow: companyc.com
Colorful Quilt: etsy.com (Carolina Patchwork)


Quilt:  etsy.com (Carolina Patchwork)
Pillow:  cb2.com
Slipcover: surefit.com
Rug: dashandalbert.com
Ottoman, Side Table, Lamp: crateandbarrel.com


Colorful Quilt: etsy.com (Carolina Patchwork)
Solid Quilt & Pillow: potterybarn.com
Lamp:  crateandbarrel.com

Obviously, we will not be purchasing a lot of these items, as I am trying to stay on a tight budget.  However, these are ideas that will help me stay in the direction that I want to go.  I have purchased all of the bed linens and rugs for the downstairs, but have not yet purchased anything for upstairs.  I am salivating over those quilts that I found on Etsy- aren't they amazing?  I think you could throw those in a room with nothing else and be done!  They are so beautiful!

I am so excited!  What do you think?  What would you change?

Cary K.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I want minimum information given with maximum politeness. -Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy Onassis

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP